- Jun 14 2022
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Creating Synergy in M&As to Maximize Value—with Mark L. Sirower and Jefferey M. Weirens of Deloitte
- Influencing an M&A to develop a set of core and innovative options as part of your strategic plan
- Transacting in an environment with incredibly high valuations
- Preparing a board to be comfortable with taking on a greater level of risk in capital deployments
- The process of educating and preparing a board comfortable taking risks outside their experience set
- Managing change and building a fully new, combined business that creates shareholder value
- How to bring people and a company on board while embracing the autonomy that made them a desirable acquisition, while keeping alignment across the business as a whole
Mark L. Sirower is a U.S. Leader in Deloitte’s M&A and Restructuring practice, where he joined in 2008 to launch the M&A Strategy practice. Mark has advised senior executive teams on hundreds of transactions over the past 25 years from strategy and diligence through post-merger integration. Previously, he built the Deals Strategy Group at PwC and was global leader of the M&A practice at the Boston Consulting Group where he developed innovative approaches to crafting M&A strategies, planning integrations, delivering synergies, and creating shareholder value. Mark has taught M&A at the Wharton School, and for 30 years, at the NYU Stern School Executive MBA program. He is the author of the M&A bestseller, The Synergy Trap.
Jeffery M. Weirens is the Leader of Deloitte’s Global Financial Advisory Business and serves on Deloitte’s Global Executive. For more than 25 years, Jeff has advised clients on several of the world’s most iconic acquisitions and divestitures while growing and transforming Deloitte’s consulting and advisory businesses. He has served in multiple leadership roles including Deloitte Consulting’s Management Committee, the Energy, Resources and Industrials industry, and the Mergers, Acquisitions, and Restructuring practice. He is a trusted advisor to senior client executive teams and Boards of Directors, has advised on hundreds of acquisitions, divestitures, and transformations, and is an expert on post-merger integration and divestitures.