- Dec 17 2020
- 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Managing a strategy career and building your strategy team – Chad Oakley of Charles Aris Executive Search
In this roundtable, the Outthinker Strategy Network will engage with Chad Oakley, CEO of Charles Aris, a premier executive search firm where he is responsible for leading the company’s Strategy and Corporate Development practice.
Chad will engage the group in two discussions…
- Managing your personal strategy career and
- Building out your strategy team
Some specific questions that will be covered…
- Can I have a career in just strategy?
- What are the latest required and upcoming skillsets needed for CSOs and other members of the strategy team?
- Can I do both a strategy role and P&L role?
- BD, M&A, and partnerships: Should this be included in the strategy role or kept separate?
- Should the strategy function/team be used as a training/opportunity ground for high-potential talent?
- How can one make a pivot to a new industry? What skillsets are needed and how does one present oneself?
- Should we be location agnostic when searching for talent?
- Tips for successful onboarding
OSN members will automatically receive a calendar invitation.