- May 13 2022
- 8:30 am - 6:15 pm
Outthinker Chief Strategy Officer Summit & Networking
Join the Outthinker Strategy Network for a day of in-person learning and networking with fellow chief strategy officers. Held at the extraordinary Graduate Hotel on Roosevelt Island in New York City. The event will feature:
- Small-group breakout sessions where CSO’s discuss today’s most pressing trends and how to solve their challenges.
- A roundtable presentation on “Creating Value with Ecosystems” with special guest Felix Oberholzer-Gee, Harvard Business School professor and author of Better, Simpler Strategy.
- Cocktail, hors d’oeuvres, and networking reception at the spectacular Panorama Room with unrivaled views of the Manhattan skyline.
- 1:1 individual introductions, arranged by the OSN Connections Concierge, based on your needs, challenges, and interests.
Expand your network of personal and professional relationships with other strategy executives. Explore the latest thought leadership on the evolution of the strategy office and the new rules of ecosystem-based competition. Learn actionable best practices from your peers that you can take back and implement with your team and organization.
|8:30am-9:30am||Sign-in and continental breakfast*|
|9:30am-10:30am||Why Your Board Needs a CSO or Career Panel*|
|11:00am-12:00pm||Challenge Forums and breakout discussions*|
|12:30pm-1:45pm||Networking, lunch, and afternoon arrivals check-in|
|2:00pm-4:00pm||Creating Value through Ecosystems” Roundtable with Felix Oberholzer-Gee, Harvard Business School|
|4:15pm-6:15pm||Panorama Room Networking Reception|
Creating Value Through Ecosystems with Felix Oberholzer-Gee
Developing your company’s strategic plan and objectives that keep your company ahead of the competition is challenging. CSOs and their leadership teams must balance global strategy, technological strategy, innovation strategy, marketing strategy—among others—just to stay competitive. This often puts strain on the company because pursuing too many initiatives results in a complex strategy that lacks clarity, and limits what kind of value they can offer.
In this Roundtable, Felix Oberholzer-Gee, Harvard Business School professor, shares his Value-Based Strategy Framework, which has helped many companies create powerful strategic plans that deliver value to all stakeholders. He’ll also show how to leverage the power of ecosystems to tap into resources and benefits that can maximize the value you’re delivering. In this Roundtable, Felix will cover:
- Focusing on value over profit to maximize success
- Identifying the highest value-drivers to pursue using the Value-Based Strategy framework
- Using ecosystems to find complements to your product offering and business that increases value for your stakeholders
- How to deliver value not just to customers, but employees and suppliers simultaneously using the concepts of willingness to pay from the customer side and willingness to sell from the supplier and employee sides