- Nov 18 2021
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Strategies for Sustainability Transformation
“Sustainability” has become the new hot topic in strategy and transformation. It has many interpretations and definitions, so in this challenge forum we will discuss any parts of the below questions around which you have done some work or at least some thinking:
- The overarching goal is to capture/deliver more value as a responsible/social enterprise, to achieve that:
- How do you set holistic strategic goals and “North Star” for the enterprise (vs. generating a list of siloed initiatives)?
- How do you incorporate ESGs into your CORE business; and how do you develop NEW businesses to capture the new investments and consumer spend that are oriented towards this space?
- How do you negotiate this through the org – push and pull strategies; top-down and bottom-up?
- How do you energize/pivot the culture towards that – or do you need to have that in the company DNA already?
- What are some types of partnerships that can help accelerate that for you and for the ecosystem?
- More tactically, who tends to own this role (CSO? CFO? COO? Chief Impact/Sustainability Officer? etc.) And what seems to define the “right” owner?